National Health Insurance Review
The requested URL /web/20100604020941if_/http://api.tweetmeme.com/button.js was not found on this server.
National insurance company Limited was incorporated in the year 1906. In 1972, NIC ltd. became a subsidiary of General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC). In the year 2002, after the general Insurance Amendment Act, NIC was de-linked from GIC. It has its registered office in Kolkata and is one of the leading public sector general insurance companies.
It is the second largest non life insurer in the country. There is a wide range of insurance plans offered by NIC, suiting everybody’s requirements. CRISIL, the credit rating agency gave NIC AAA rating. They are one of the oldest and pioneers when it comes to health insurance policies in India.
- Star National Swasthya Bima Policy- This policy reimburses all hospitalization expenses in event of illness or injury. The policy covers all the members of the family. It also offers cover for anesthetist, medical practitioner, surgeon or a specialist fees along with blood, OT, oxygen expenses.
- UCO Medi+ Care Bima policy- This policy is designed for UCO bank account holders. It provides coverage to the entire family of UCO bank account holder ranging from 3 months to 65 years. It reimburses hospitalization expenses.
- Baroda Health Policy- This plan is designed especially for Bank of Baroda bank account holders. It covers all the medical expense of hospitalization and provides cover to the entire family of the account holder.
- Critical Illness Insurance- Under this policy a lump sum amount is paid on the first diagnosis of any major illness. The sum insured is available from Rs. 5 lakh to 25 lakh and six illnesses are covered in this.
- Parivar policy- It is a family floater insurance policy which covers hospitalization expenses.
- BOI National Swasthya Bima- This health plan is designed for Bank of India account holders.
- Mediclaim Insurance- It offers cashless hospitalization at network hospitals and also covers out patient treatment.
- Varishtha- Mediclaim for senior citizens- It covers individuals from 60 to 80 years. The policy offers coverage for hospitalization and domiciliary treatment.
- Vidyarthi- Mediclaim for students-It offers cover to individuals from 3 months to 25 years. The plan provides accident and health cover.
- Mediclaim policy- A single policy covers all the family members. it reimburses hospitalization expenses in case of sudden illness or injury.
National Insurance Company caters to varied needs of customers. They have more than 180 policies spanning all sectors and have 14 million policyholders. Being a government service provider makes it extra special in terms of claims and handling the claims.
Third Party Administrator (TPA) services:
There are a number of TPAs of National Insurance Company like Family Health Plan, Medicare TPA services, Paramount Health Services Ltd., MD India Healthcare Services, E Meditek Solutions, Alankit Healthcare Ltd. and many others.